- Signed with the Arizona Cardinals in 2015.
- Selected as a first round (19th pick overall) draft choice by Atlanta in 2010.
- 2009 First-Team All-Big 12
- 2008 Third-Team All-American
- 2008 First-Team All-Big 12
- 2007 First-Team All-Big 12
- Claimed a leadership role on the Falcons defense, taking over play calling duties in his third NFL season.
- Posted 114 tackles (84 solo), finishing on the team second behind fellow linebacker Stephen Nicholas.
- Notched six tackles for loss, while adding three sacks, one interceptions, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, and four passes defensed.
- Helped the Falcons post one of the League’s top scoring defenses in 2012.
- Atlanta allowed 18.7 points per game, which was the fifth-best mark in the League. Recorded double digit tackles in seven games, including 11-or-more tackles in five contests.
- Opened the 2012 season with a strong performance at Kansas City (9/9).
- Sacked QB Matt Cassel for an eight-yard loss while adding seven tackles, two tackles for loss, two quarterback hits, and one pass defensed in the season opener.
- Collared 11 tackles (six solo) vs. Denver (9/17) and helped the Falcons hold QB Peyton Manning to a 58.5 passer rating.
- Also added one pass defensed and one fumble recovery to give the Falcons four takeaways in the win.
- Logged four tackles (three solo) with one sack against NFC South rival Carolina (9/30).
- Recorded a season-high 12 tackles (nine solo) with one sack at Washington (10/7).
- The Falcons held QB Robert Griffin III to 91 passing yards in a 24-17 win.
- Recorded sacks in back-to-back games for the first time in his career dropping Panthers QB Cam Newton vs. Carolina (9/30) and stopping Redskins QB Robert Griffin III for a two-yard loss at Washington (10/7).
- Grabbed his first career interception against New Orleans (11/29), picking off QB Drew Brees in the endzone.
- Helped the Falcons intercept Brees five times and end his NFL record streak of 54 consecutive games with a TD pass.
- Closed out the regular season with three straight double-digit tackle games, posting 11 total tackles in each of Atlanta’s final three contests.
- Forced RB Marshawn Lynch to fumble at the Falcons 39 yard line in the NFC Divisional playoff against Seattle (1/13).
- The Falcons recovered the loose ball and drove 61 yards for touchdown. Also added eight tackles (five solo) and one pass defensed.
- Posted five tackles (three solo) in the NFC Championship game against San Francisco (1/20).
- Tallied 12 tackles, two tackles for loss and one pass defensed @ Chicago (9.11).
- Finished second on the team with 10 tackles vs. Philadelphia (9.18) in addition to adding one tackle on special teams.
- Tied for the team lead in tackles (13) @ Tampa Bay (9.25) and added two tackles for loss.
- Collared eight tackles @ Seattle (10.2).
- Recorded 11 tackles, one sack (11 yards) and two tackles for loss vs. Green Bay (10.9).
- Posted nine tackles and one pass defensed vs. Carolina (10.16).
- Tallied six tackles, one sack (nine yards) and one pass defensed @ Detroit(10.23).
- Logged 10 tackles, two passes defensed and one tackle for loss @ Indianapolis (11.6).
- Notched seven tackles and one pass defensed vs. New Orleans (11.13).
- Registered five tackles vs. Tennessee (11.20)
- Posted four catches for 62 yards vs. New Orleans (11.13).
- Collared 10 tackles, three tackles for loss and one sack (nine yards) vs.Minnesota (11.27).
- His stop of RB Toby Gerhart on fourth and goal from the two yard line sealed the Falcons 24-14 victory.
- Recorded eight tackles (six solo) and one pass defensed @ Houston (12.4).
- Logged nine tackles (eight solo), two tackles for loss, one sack (six yards) and one pass defensed @ Carolina (12.11).
- Collected two tackles, one tackle for loss and recovering a fumble on special teams vs.Jacksonville (12.15).
- Notched two tackles (one solo) @ New Orleans (12.26).
- Logged five tackles (two solo) and one special teams tackle vs. Tampa Bay (1.1).
- Played in 11 games with six starts in his rookie season, missing five games due to injury, and contributed with 52 tackles (38 solo) and one sack.
- Posted nine tackles (eight solo) in his NFL debut at Pittsburgh (9/12).
- Notched a career-high 10 tackles (eight solo) and his first career sack against Arizona (9/19).
- Registered four tackles (two solo) against Green Bay (11/28).
- Tallied five tackles at Seattle (12/19).
- Logged six tackles (three solo) against New Orleans (12/27).
- A standout linebacker at the University of Missouri where he started each of his final 41 games.
- Recorded 413 career tackles (240 solo), 12.5 sacks, 43.5 tackles for loss, four interceptions (two re- turned for touchdowns), five forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and 17 passes defensed.
- Graduated as the third player in school history to lead the team in tackles three times in a career as his 413 stops rank third in school history and 10th on the Big 12 Conference all-time list.
- As a senior, was voted team captain while earning Butkus Award finalist, Lombardi Award semifinalist and Lott Trophy quarterfinalist honors.
- Named a first-team All-Big 12 selection from 2007-09 as he averaged 132 tackles per season over that time span.
- His 155 tackles in 2008 rank second on the Tigers season-record list, while finishing fifth nationally that season.
- Graduated ranking 13th on the school career chart with 12.5 sacks.
- Attended Jasper High School and was named the Texas District 22-3A Player of the Year as a senior after recording 98 tackles, eight tackles for loss, four sacks and two interceptions.
- Added second-team all-state honors while competing as a receiver.
- Finished with 27 catches for 428 yards and seven touchdowns.
- Was named a first-team all-district selection as a junior and was chosen as the Class 2A-3A Defensive Newcomer of the Year as a sophomore.
- Was an all-state selection in track and an all-district honoree in basketball.
- Cousin of former WNBA star, Teresa Weatherspoon.
- A native of Jasper, Texas.
- His full name is Franklin De’Sean Weatherspoon.