St. Louis Cardinals
- 19th overall pick in the 1969 NFL Draft.
- Pro Bowl Selection: 1970, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979.
- “Roger the Dodger” made his mark out of King City, Mo., as a standout defensive back and kick returner during three seasons at MU.
- A letterman in 1966-67-68, Wehrli set eight MU records including most interceptions in as season (7 in 1968) and most in a game (3 vs. Oklahoma State in 1968) and led the nation in punt returns in 1968.
- Wehrli was all-Big Eight in 1967 and ’68 and all-America in ’68.
- He played in four all-star games following his senior year -the Senior Bowl, Hula Bowl, Coaches All-America Game and College All-Star Game.
- He then had a long career with the St. Louis Cardinals of the NFL (1969-82), where he was a perennial all-Pro selection.