St. Louis Cardinals
- Selected to four Pro Bowl teams: 1974, 1975, 1976 and 1977.
- Came to Missouri from Santa Rosa, Calif., as MU’s first “speed merchant,” lettering in football and track from 1968-70.
- Was all-Big Eight in 1969, when he caught 25 passes for 705 yards and a school-record nine TDs.
- Held the school record for career receiving yardage – 1,491 -for 20 years, and still holds the MU career record for receiving TDs (14).
- He was chosen to MU’s all-century team in 1990.
- Gray was drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals, and was an all-pro receiver during a career that lasted from 1971-82.
- In track, Gray was an all-American once indoors and twice outdoors.
- Was a Grand Slam winner in the 100-meter dash in ’70, taking titles at the Texas, Kansas, and Drake Relays.
- He was a five time Big Eight Conference sprint champion, winning the indoor 60-yard dash (1970), and the 100 and 220-yard dashes outdoors in 1969 and ’70.
- He is the co-holder of the MU records in all three races, with respective times of 6.0 seconds, 9.3 seconds and 20.4 seconds.