- After leading Columbia Hickman High School to the Missouri state championship in 1974, Leo Lewis came to MU and became an instant crowd favorite with his daring punt returns.
- Chants of “LEE-OH, LEE-OH” reverberated across Faurot Field while he was lettering from 1975-78.
- He is the only player in Mizzou history to lead the Tigers in punt returns for four straight years, and holds the school record for punt returns in a game (7) and most combined kick returns in a game (9).
- He spent the last 11 years playing professional football, all of those with the Minnesota Vikings.
- In 1984, he began an annual youth football clinic in Columbia, and in 1988, expanded it to Minneapolis, too.