St. Louis Cardinals
- Selected to two Pro Bowl teams.
- A halfback from Corpus Christi, Texas, Roland lettered at MU in 1962-64-65, and was an all-Big Eight choice all three years.
- An outstanding two-way player, Roland was team captain and all-American in 1965.
- Following that season, he played in the Senior Bowl, Coaches All-American Game and College All Star Game.
- At MU, he led the Tigers in rushing and scoring in 1962, in punt returns in 1964-65, in kickoff returns in 1962 and ’64, and in pass interceptions in 1965.
- Roland ranks 10th at MU in career scoring, and led the Big Eight in scoring in 1962.
- He played with the St. Louis Cardinals of the NFL from 1966-72, earning the league’s nod as “Rookie of the Year” in `66 and with the New York Giants in 1973.
- He now is the offensive backfield coach for the Chicago Bears where he has coached the likes of Walter Payton and Neal Anderson.