Green Bay Packers
- At 290 pounds, “Jumbo” Jim Kekeris was used as a tackle, fullback and place-kicker by Coaches Don Faurot and Chauncey Simpson from 1943-46.
- A St Louis native, Kekeris earned all-Big Six Conference honors three times, and was a second-team all-American as a senior.
- He played in the East-West Shrine game and College All-Star game.
- He was MU’s “Most Valuable Player” in the 1946 Cotton Bowl, and later was voted to the all-time Cotton Bowl team.
- Kekeris was drafted in the third round of the 1947 NFL draft by the Detroit Lions and would play that season with the Philadelphia Eagles.
- The following season he played with the Green Bay Packers.