- One of the grittiest performers ever at Mizzou, Wallace overcame personal tragedies during his career from 1984-87 to become the school’s all time leading rusher with 2,607 yards.
- He broke James Wilder’s record despite standing 5-foot-7 and weighing 168 pounds.
- He was second-team all-Big Eight and honorable mention all-American in 1985 and ’86, and was named a sophomore all-American by Football News in 1985.
- Wallace is the last Tiger to run for 1,000 yards, with 1,120 in 1985, a year in which he led the Big Eight in rushing.
- He was CFL’s Western Division Rookie-of-the-Year in 1989, while playing with the British Columbia Lions.
- He also played with several other CFL teams, in the NFL with the Detroit Lions and in the WLAF. Currently, he lives in Auburn Hills, Mich.